[TYPO3] any recommendation on php version?

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed May 7 07:11:58 CEST 2008

Hi Katja,

> I have on my system php version 5.1.6 and mysql 5.0.27. I'm planning on
> some update and was wondering if there were any recommendations on
> current versions.
>
> Since this is a production virtual server, I'm wondering also could
> there be some problems anticipated upgrading for example 5.1.6 -> 5.2..?

On ma production servers, I'm using the Debian Etch distribution and
always use their "stable" version of softwares. That is PHP 5.2.0 and
MySQL 5.0.32. When you see that these versions are not the most up to
date but are considered as stable, you may install them without fear.

Cheers

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en