[TYPO3] Changing backend language

Manuel Rego Casasnovas mrego at igalia.com
Tue May 6 12:30:48 CEST 2008

Hi Sergio,

On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 12:20 +0200, Sergio Catalá wrote:
> I would like to know what extension allows changing your default backend
> language in TYPO3 (through the menu "User tools > User settings").

You can change your backend language at "User settings" module:
      * Select your language on field Language
      * Click on Save configuration

However before that you have to download translations for this language
from "Ext Manager" module:
      * Select option Translation handling
      * Select your language
      * Click on Save selection
      * Click on Update from repository

If you want to read more info and see some screenshots, I wrote a post
about how to set Galician language as your backend language. [1]

Best regards,
   Rego

[1] http://blogs.igalia.com/mrego/2008/04/24/galician-in-typo3-iii/

--