[TYPO3] print_version and tt_news problem

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 07:19:17 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 11:04 PM, J.Bakshi <joydeep at infoservices.in> wrote:
> Christopher Torgalson wrote:

<snip>

> > Alternatively, if you want a general solution to creating print-links
>  > etc with TS, try the short item at
>  > http://www.typo3apprentice.com/samples/tv-print-link/
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  Thanks a lot Christopher. But  I am not using TemplaVoila.
>  So I still need some fix to solve the problem

There's absolutely *nothing* about that TS that requires the use of
TV, as I think is made quite clear in the accompanying text:

"The...sample shows that the typolink function can be used for
generating print links with TV. More importantly, it illustrates the
principle that typolink can be used for virtually any link-based
switching that might be required on a TYPO3 website—including
language-switching menus or stylesheet-switchers.

All of these applications can be achieved using the same principle:
adding and subtracting GET parameters from the current page's url—and
typolink is the best method to add or subtract GET parameters in TYPO3
(note that this is also true inside extensions)."

What *is* required is that you place additional code of your own
inside the "[globalVar = GP:print > 0]" condition--this can be code
that varies the HTML output of your main template, or (this is how I
would do it), code that delivers a different stylesheet.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/