[TYPO3] Documentation nightmare - use of video

Cate & Peter catepeter at optusnet.com.au
Mon Mar 31 00:35:06 CEST 2008

Hi again

> when we start to use also multimedia-content like small videos and
> interactive documentation. :-)

As an aside - I would discourage significant use of video without
captions/subtitles - in the first place, it can be difficult to understand
people's accents, in the second place they are huge bandwith suckers, and in
the third place they are completely inaccessible to people with hearing
losses.

The Deaf have enough other issues to worry about, than losing the ability to
be self employed in areas like web technology (which so far has proved a
wonderful employment area), simply becs all the instructions/tutorials are
only in spoken langauge. Let's at least remain committed to provided all
instructions in text first - and video only as a supplement. (And preferably
following text instructions exactly).

Cate Deans Smith