[TYPO3] Nothing at all shows in FE

Hans Kristian Lintrup hlintrup at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 17:44:36 CET 2008

Hans Kristian Lintrup skrev:
> Hi list. I've been struggling for the past 3 days with this problem, so
> any help is greatly appreciated!
>
> I've installed the dummy site (FC Bigfeet) and TemplaVoilá.
>
> The dummy site shows text in FE, but it has not been possible for me to
> make any pictures appear. Only the default images located in
> media/uploads/ is showed, when I opt out any custom images in the
> template for the root page. If I manually place pictures in the
> media/uploads folder and refer to them in TypoScript, then they appear.
>
> I've tried to figure out the inner workings of Typo3 in order to decide
> where temporary files go. My guess is that my web hotel can't read some
> portion of the generated HTML and thus no output.
>
> Then I tried to use TemplaVoilá. I followed the instructions given in
> the tutorial and everything in the BE worked as expected, but this time
> nothing at all shows up in FE. Not a single character.
>
> Then I downloaded the TYPO3Winstaller and tried all the above and
> everything worked perfectly.
>
> So: How where does the generated HTML pages go? What is it that can
> prevent typo3 from generating the code? Is there something about
> read/write permissions I am missing?
>
> Any help will do - a link to any material describing it. I've searched
> through documentation and read a lot (!), but still I've been unable to
> solve this problem.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Best Regards
> Hans Lintrup

Okay, TYPO3 returns the following errors when rendering the webpage FC
Bigfeet:

"uploads/tf/beckback.jpg" is not a file (did not exist).
"uploads/tf/bigfeet_logo.gif" is not a file (did not exist).

However, both files do exist in the folder /uploads/tf/ and permission
are ok.

It must be a problem with who has uploaded the images and who is trying
to retrieve them. Does anybody have a suggestion?

Thank you

regards
Hans Lintrup