[TYPO3] php as content

Nader Emami Salut emami at knmi.nl
Fri Mar 28 14:55:05 CET 2008

JoH wrote:
>> I get well the content of the PHP script with the next statements:
>>
>> page = PAGE
>> page.typeNum = 0
>> page.config.disableAllHeaderCode = 1
>>
>> page.50 = PHP_SCRIPT_EXT
>> page.50.file = fileadmin/scripts/feedback.php
>>
>> But I miss the left navigation menu, therefore I thought that I can define
>> de content of this page, in this case a "PHP" script. I would say that I
>> have installed the "lumophpinclude" extension also.
>
> From the name of your script I guess it's a kind of feedback form that you
> want to show as content of your page.
> Maybe you should get rid of this script then and use a FORM content element
> instead.
> Or maybe you can install an extension form the TER that offers feedback
> forms in a more comfortable way than the default FORM.
> Or if you definitely need this script you could learn how to implement just
> the functional parts of it within your own extension and get rid of the
> parts that override the output of your PAGE element.
>
> But anyway I think you should take a step back and think about the term
> "content management system", which is much more than just putting together
> some scripts that you might have used before. In most of the cases you won't
> need any custom scripts at all because TYPO3 offers ready made and flexible
> solutions for the usual content of a website.
>
> What about a more detailed description of the current status of your site
> and the things you want to acchieve with these scripts?
>
> HTH
>
> Joey

Thank for your suggestion in this case. I will look for some ready
extension in relation of this kind of functionality, feedback. Because I
was busy to take our old web site content in new one and I was a newbie
to TYPO3, I thought that I have to take every page (one-to-one) from old
to new one. But there is another alternative for such problem which is
provided from TYPO3. I suppose that I can adapt (add/change) the fields
of Form of extension.

Regards,
Nader