[TYPO3] Extreme database server load

Dmitry Martynenko dima at realt.by
Thu Mar 27 12:21:19 CET 2008

Hi John,

>> > I did some debugging and found out that for one page request an
>> > average of 800 SQL queries are executed. Is this normal for TYPO3?!
JdS>
>> The question is wrong because it does not say how many
>> visitors you have. If you have 1 or 1000000, it is not normal
>> because for 1 user it is too many and for 1000000 it is too few.

JdS> I am talking about one page request. I wrote a debug in the t3lib_db
JdS> class in the function "SELECTquery" to mail me the query if a certain
JdS> $_GET variable was set. The result was an average of 800 e-mails per 1
JdS> request. (I am certain the all the e-mails were my request only, because
JdS> I filtered by IP address).

Do you have TYPO3 caching for you pages enabled? Some used extesions may
have $GLOBALS['TSFE']->set_no_cache(); in their code.

TYPO3 does many requests for each page element (like menu item or page
content element), but when page cached it does few.

Also check *cache* tables in mysql. When it has errors caching is not work.

--
Dmitry Martynenko
Developer

Web: http://realt.by