[TYPO3] Extreme database server load

John de Stigter John.de.Stigter at bedrijvenweb.nl
Thu Mar 27 11:36:10 CET 2008

> > I am having trouble with the load on my database server.
> > I am running multiple TYPO3 websites in one CMS.
> > The problem is that the load on my database server is extreme at the
moment.
> > This causes the connection to fail many times.

> Most likely your MySQL server is not optimized.

Ok, I'll get in contact with my Admin about that.

> > I did some debugging and found out that for one page request an
> > average of 800 SQL queries are executed. Is this normal for TYPO3?!

> The question is wrong because it does not say how many
> visitors you have. If you have 1 or 1000000, it is not normal
> because for 1 user it is too many and for 1000000 it is too few.

I am talking about one page request. I wrote a debug in the t3lib_db
class in the function "SELECTquery" to mail me the query if a certain
$_GET variable was set. The result was an average of 800 e-mails per 1
request. (I am certain the all the e-mails were my request only, because
I filtered by IP address).

Regards,
John