[TYPO3] Extreme database server load

John de Stigter John.de.Stigter at bedrijvenweb.nl
Thu Mar 27 08:21:49 CET 2008

Hi everybody,

I am having trouble with the load on my database server. I am running
multiple TYPO3 websites in one CMS. The problem is that the load on my
database server is extreme at the moment. This causes the connection to
fail many times.

I did some debugging and found out that for one page request an average
of 800 SQL queries are executed. Is this normal for TYPO3?!

There are around 600 SELECT queries on the pages table. Is that for
every menuitem one?

I am using the extension "nc_staticfilecache", which does make a
difference, but not enough as it seems in my case.

Regards,
John