[TYPO3] TCA MM_match_fields custom value problem

Gijs Epping gijs.epping at efocus.nl
Thu Mar 20 18:44:05 CET 2008

Hello,

I wil try to explain this problem as good as i can becuase its's a bit
complex.

I have two tables that are connected by a MM table.

tableA
----id
----title
----companyname
----season_id (int)

tableB
----id
----clientname
----clientnumber

And a mm table

ext_new_tableA_tableB
----uid_local
----uid_foreign
----sorting
----season_id (int)

This is a piece of the TCA from company (tableA)
	"exclude" => 1,
	"label" => "Company",
	"config" => Array (
	"type" => "select",
	"internal_type" => "db",
	"allowed" => "ext_new_tableB",
	'foreign_table' => 'ext_new_tableB',
	"size" => 10,
	"minitems" => 0,
	"maxitems" => 100,
	"MM" => "ext_new_tableA_tableB",
	"MM_match_fields"=>array("season_id"=>"needseasonidfromtableA"),

Is it possible to insert the season_id from tableA in the mm table in
the TCA or a other way? i need this for a frontend query because i need
to find for example all the clients in a company with season_id 20.

I hope it is making some sense if not let me know.

Regards Gijs