[TYPO3] Cannot log into back-end

isaach comms_skills at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 05:03:35 CET 2008

Error message: Your login attempt did not succeed. Make sure to spell your
username and password correctly, including upper/lowercase characters.
Cookies and java script must be enabled.

I realize that there are many posts in this regard. I tried the following:

(1) My SQL version is 5.0.  Should/must i set it globally to 4.0? Then one
of my other softwares may not work.

(2) The table be_user is populated with one record 'admin'.

(3) I am very sure that I did not enter the wrong userid or password.
Because I had installed it three times just to make sure of this. I also try
it with passwords like 'password', 'joh316' and 'Joh316'.

:confused: