[TYPO3] Documentation nightmare

Georg Ringer mail-spam at ringerge.org
Wed Mar 19 09:41:55 CET 2008

Vincent wrote:
>   Which brings up another concern along the same line.  So far as I can
>   tell, the official typo3 wiki does not run on typo3 either.  It
>   apparently runs on mediawiki.  This brings up the same concern in my
>   evaluation.  My understanding is that typo3 has a wiki extension.  Do
>   the official typo3 developers and contributers not consider their own
>   sofware suitable to even run their own wiki either?

I don't have a problem with that because TYPO3 is not the best solution
for *everything*
Mantis is better than developing an extension for it and the same thing
is the wiki: IMO the mediawiki is far better than the extension, so why
not use it?

We don't need to create everything with TYPO3 if there is already a very
good solution out there - there is plenty left we can and need to do at
the primary domain of TYPO3.

Georg