[TYPO3] how insert the files from a old web to new one?

lesm nospam at anymail.com
Tue Mar 18 19:57:45 CET 2008

Nader Emami Salut wrote:
> lesm wrote:

>> 1. copy the whole old site to /fileadmin.
>> 2. Find and install an extension to fetch html files within T3.
>> 3. Modify the extension to exclude html tags including html header and
>> stuff.  Or better delete from pages all html tags except <p> </p> and
>> 4. Download CoolURI or RealURL in order to mimic your old site .i.e
>> www.site.com/index.html, www.site.com/dir/index.html and so on.
>> 5. Create a tree similar to your old site.
>>
>> Using this approach your new site will maintain the same file
>> estructure as the old and hence your current ranking (SEO).
>
> Thank for your reaction! I would like to know more about points 2,3 and
> 4. I am a newbie in TYPO3 and it is my first project to renew our site
> with TYPO3. Would you give me more information ad document or exmample
> about it.

Nader, if you can´t figure out the procedure it's because you don´t know
how T3 works.  I suggest you install T3 in your local machine and play
and read a lot.   Soon you will realize what is all about.   Find and
install XAMPP for Windows in your computer and play around with T3.
That's what I did a year ago.