[TYPO3] Documentation by TYPO3 with pdf-renderer

virgil huston virgil.huston at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 04:17:48 CET 2008

Hey Ries,

I understand how good LaTex is for typesetting, it is just hard to learn. I
layout and publish books from time to time, so tried to learn it a few years
ago and had trouble. So, I use Quark and Pagemaker/In Design that I can
handle. Both of those do a good, job. We have to remember that no word
processor is a good program to produce a book or manual in. That includes OO
and Word, but that was never the purpose of a word processor. That said, the
way current TYPO3 manuals are formatted, they can be done in OO, but any
books or longer documents really need to be done in a layout program. I
would never try and use a OO or Word file for a full book (even when
converting to pdf because one change throws everything off.)
Virgil