[TYPO3] Documentation by TYPO3 with pdf-renderer

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Tue Mar 18 04:01:16 CET 2008

Hey Virgil,

there are some pretty decent frontends for it nows days.
We do use LaTeX for rendering full color catalogs for over a year now.
This does work spotless and creates beautiful catalogs without a
worrying
if the system will work, how it will look... etc etc. I can send you a
sample of you like...

As a type setter, LaTeX truly rocks and there is hardly now other
(free) system that can come even
close to the quality of TeX, even OO does a bad jon compared to a real
typesetting system.

But yes it comes at a price and LaTeX does have a learning curve.
However once data is stored in a good database (like TYPO3) then you
can go
in many directions when it come of generation of final documents.
Personally I don't find TYPO3 as a good editor for large documents,
however it's not bad for it's price and we all know how it works which
makes the learning curve low
for editors.

Ries