[TYPO3] *** POSSIBLE SPAM (6.0) *** How can I delete tt_news articles from the cache?

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Mar 17 18:13:58 CET 2008

Hi!

Stephen Bungert wrote:
> I see in your ratings extension you cleared the cash yourself like this:
>
> 		$GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->exec_DELETEquery('cache_pages',
> 'page_id=' . $this->pid);
> 		$GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->exec_DELETEquery('cache_pagesection',
> 'page_id=' . $this->pid);
>
> So if I wanted to delete the page where the SINGLE news articles are
> displayed, could I use the above with the correct PID?

No. This is not the best way to clear cache but nothing else can be used in eID script at the moment. Normally TCEmain should be called for clearing cache from extensions.

You can also delete cache for necessary pages by TSConfig when news item is changes. May be you need this?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team