[TYPO3] Language dependent domain config HELP!

Sara Weale webmaster at llgc.org.uk
Mon Mar 17 16:21:02 CET 2008

Hi again!

I've managed to get a little bit further but it still doesn't quite work
as I need it to so I'm posting again to see if anyone can help (even
though i've read through tsref, typoscript by example and other docs and
still cannot work out how to code this!!).

I've currently got the setup as follows (see below) and I have a few
questions...

1. Dmitry states that I need to set the default language with condition
on the domain name. How do I do this??

2. The translation is happening as follows (realurl is turned on which
gives the /lang):

prycop.llgc.org.uk => works fine
prycop.llgc.org.uk/cy => Not translating content generated outside of TS
template ie tmenu and content elements
prycopcymraeg.llgc.org.uk=> Not translating content from TS template
prycopcymraeg.llgc.org.uk/en => Not translating content from TS template
prycopcymraeg.llgc.org.uk/cy/ => works fine

I take it that this is a result of the default language being english
without condition or is there something else missing from my config/have
I got too many things declared??

If anyone could help I would be very very grateful.

Thanks/Diolch
Sara

Template setup (shortened!):

#Localisation of Languages

config.uniqueLinkVars = L
config.sys_language_overlay = content_fallback
config.index_enable = 1
config.index_externals = 1

[globalString = ENV:HTTP_HOST = prycop.llgc.org.uk]
config.language = en
config.sys_language_uid = 0
config.locale_all=en_GB
config.baseURL = http://prycop.llgc.org.uk/
[else]
config.sys_language_uid = 1
config.language = cy
config.baseURL = http://prycopcymraeg.llgc.org.uk/
[global]

[globalVar = GP:L = 1]
[globalString = ENV:HTTP_HOST = prycopcymraeg.llgc.org.uk]
#config.baseURL = http://prycopcymraeg.llgc.org.uk/
#config.sys_language_uid = 1
#config.language = cy
config.linkVars = L
config.uniqueLinkVars = L
config.sys_language_overlay = content_fallback
config.locale_all=cy_GB
[global]

.....ENGLISH content fields....

[globalVar = GP:L = 1]

.....WELSH content fields....

[global]

--
Sara Weale
Rheolwr y We / Web Manager

Ffôn/Phone: 01970 632845
Ebost/Email: webmaster at llgc.org.uk
http://www.llgc.org.uk/

Nid yw'r neges yma o reidrwydd yn adlewyrchu barn y Llyfrgell.
This message does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Library.