[TYPO3] Meta extract for DAM

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon Mar 17 16:04:59 CET 2008

Hi,

I installed a few extensions in order to extract meta informations for
my DAM:

- cc_metaexif
- cc_metaexec
- cc_meta_xmp
- cc_txtextexec
- cc_txtextphp

If I go to Media > Files > Indexing > Service Info, I get a table that
summaries available service for indexing and I find all of these
extensions. However, all services depending on external tools
(pdftotext, catdoc, xls2csv, exiftags, ...) are said to be unavailable
(red cross) although I installed them and they are running smoothly with
indexed_search.

As footer of the table summary, I read

The "External" column shows which external programs are needed. If a
service is not available, it might be the case that the program is not
installed or can't be executed.

I tried to debug a few this problem but I cannot get why this does not
work. Does anybody already encountered such a problem? Any hint?

Thanks
Xavier