[TYPO3] Language support missing after server transfer

Christopher qozmiq at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 15:22:05 CET 2008

Typo3 Noob here....

I recently moved my site to a new server, and I no longer show support for
German characters.  Everything was fine before the move.  Now all umlauts
are showing as question marks.  Is this an issue with the new database
collation?  I can't imagine anything else has changed, the site has not been
touched since the transfer.  I set the DB to UTF-8, I thought that would be
sufficient.  Any assistance anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Christoph