[TYPO3] Documentation nightmare

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Mon Mar 17 04:37:31 CET 2008

Hi Daniel, Peter, Susanne, Virgil
(copy pasted from my invitation mail send by the cooluri googledoc)

Here is my example - not TYPO3 Standard conform - Cooluri Tutorial
I added you as collaborators and you have so the chance to have a look
behind the scene. As it is the LIVE Version please don't mess it up as
people are using it quite often.

One Problem in Google Docs is, that you can't copy a document.
The conversion of a document also don't work always like it should be.
>> i.e. Tables

Wt this letter I have invited you as collaborators and I checked both
checkboxes (Paste the document itself into the email message and CC me) In
other words You should also be able to see how the document looks like when
it is send to you via eMail.

Really Good is the possibility to add Bookmarks and link to them. Google
Docs is great to create Hyperlinked documents. In the document you will also
find screenshots as pictures. You can really intergrate them into the text.

Simply check it out - you can also have a look to the revisions Tab.

In a second Mail I will send you all exported doc formats of this cooluri
document
And in a third mail you will receive a "fictional event" I created with all
collaborators

You can also view RSS feed of document changes
and Preview the document as a viewer
when you click on share document.

IMHO you really should have a look to "pipeline" the extension I already
mentioned. With it we could work in workspaces and a CHIEF editor could
publish a document when it is following all Guidelines and ready to be
published. IMHO this would be not only the much more TYPO3 way but we could
really use all the power of TYPO3. We have here already versioning,
workspaces, collaboration and with fixed HTML/CSS A4 PDF documents even more
people could read the documents then with sxw.

Everyone could already display the documents as PDF using Steffen Kampers
pdf viewer.

Beside pipeline - if you don't want to use it - then GoogleDocs is No. 1 I
guess in collaboration. Especially as with a Google count you could
cooperate in much more things. CHAT, Very good Developing Spaces/Forums/for
projects and much more - even the possibility to create online presentations
;-)

Have fun
Please check the following mails for the other stuf I mentioned in this
mail.

Andi