[TYPO3] how insert the files from a old web to new one?

lesm nospam at anymail.com
Mon Mar 17 02:35:00 CET 2008

Nader Emami Salut wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have made a new site with TYPO3, actully the layout of the wite. Now I
> have to insert all de files from the old web site to new one. It is for
> me the first time that I have to do that. Would somebody give some
> indications how I can do that? Maybe there some document about it.
> I would appreciate if I can get information about it.

Nader

What you could do is:
1. copy the whole old site to /fileadmin.
2. Find and install an extension to fetch html files within T3.
3. Modify the extension to exclude html tags including html header and
stuff.  Or better delete from pages all html tags except <p> </p> and
4. Download CoolURI or RealURL in order to mimic your old site .i.e
www.site.com/index.html, www.site.com/dir/index.html and so on.
5. Create a tree similar to your old site.

Using this approach your new site will maintain the same file estructure
as the old and hence your current ranking (SEO).