[TYPO3] User pages within typo3

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Sun Mar 16 11:02:10 CET 2008

on Sun, 16 Mar 2008 00:22:57 +0100, Matyi Gábor wrote:

> Hi Guys!
>
> In this years I got three interest of a such type of webpage, where
> there are common pages and userpages. The common pages are edited by the
> owner of the site, the user pages edit the registered user. I begin not
> understanding the typo3, if it is possible to do with typo3 such type of
> site. F.e. my customer likes on his typo3 website a small picture
> gallery, where every registered user could upload some photos. I dont
> know how could I solve this?
> If the customer would likes an own gallery, in this case I would install
> and configure f.e. the rgsmoothgallery, and the customer could upload
> the images, and the gallery would be acces on the page
> http://www.mysite.org/gallery . This is a simple ask. But if the
> customer likes so, that by the user uploaded photos could be acces on
> the pages: http://www.mysite.org/gallery/user1,
> http://www.mysite.org/gallery/user2, http://www.mysite.org/gallery/user3

I had a similiar request. and I wlked through a lot of galleries until I
found that it can be done with an (actual version of an) extension
already used on the site: cwt_community

The author had missed to extend the description of the extension, so a
search in the TER for "gallery" does not find this extension.

Another approach would be to configure BE-Editors for each user, who can
manage his page (if he has TYPO3-knowledge!), maybe from the FE (look
for: 'FE-editing').

> I don't guess that this would be an impossible ask, but I don't know how
> I begin to do this with typo3.
>
> Could anybody help me?
>
> Ps. If anybody could me give commercial support, please drop me a mail.
>
> Thanks
>
> Gabor Matyi

bernd