[TYPO3] Documentation nightmare

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Sat Mar 15 02:48:08 CET 2008

on Fri, 14 Mar 2008 19:07:38 -0400, Dan Osipov wrote:

> Agree. Is this what the Doc team should be doing?
>
> Also, I think there should be a single, up to date guide on Typo3 - a
> Typo3 Bible, if you will. I realize it may become thousands of pages in
> length, and a nightmare to maintain, but I think its critically
> important for newbees to gain an understanding of Typo3.

I think that you can't insert all knowledge into one single document.

As lang as there are totaly different people which use TYPO3:
* the simple editor, who just inserts content
* the configurator, who needs to know all about TypoScript (and some PHP)
* the extension developer, who needs to know the PHP-API (and some
TypoScript)
* the (new) core develeoper, who needs to know internals

each one needs his own introduction into TYPO3

bernd