[TYPO3] Documentation nightmare

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Mar 14 23:02:14 CET 2008

Hi!

Peter Kindström wrote:
> Look what other CMS:es has got, for example I found this 10 seconds
> after visiting http://help.joomla.org/
>
> -----------
> Official Documentation
>  * The Official Joomla! 1.5 Help Screens
>  * The Official Installation Manual for Joomla! 1.5
>  * The Official User Manual for Joomla! 1.5
>  * The Official Administrator Manual for Joomla! 1.5
>  * Other related guides and reference material ...
>
> This is what I believe Typo3 is missing and should be putting effort on!
> And that is what I think the docTeam should concentrate on. Even if I
> think your work also are needed.

Good point!

When I started with TYPO3 I tried to follow tutorials, which I did mechanically without real understanding what I do. Next I tried TS by example, which I could not understand either. Next I tried MTB and found that it looks logical but still too complex. FTB was much better (may be because TV is much easier). But I still it would be perfect to have small simple tutorials. May be even "How to" or "TYPO3 for dummies".

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team