[TYPO3] RealURL language dependent domain help

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Mar 14 17:09:27 CET 2008

Hi!

Sara Weale wrote:
> prycop.llgc.org.uk defaults to L=0 as it should but I cannot seem to get
> prycopcymraeg.llgc.org.uk to default to L=1, it currently opens the
> English home page

Of course it does, you defined config.language=en as default! You should set default language with condition on domain name. Nothing to do with RealURL actually...

> How can I get realurl to use each domain properly??  I would be so
> grateful for some pointers to setup realurl correctly without having to
> resort to proxy forwarding.

RealURL does not "use" domains. It gets page ID and language ID rom TYPO3 and returns URL. It does not know anything else: just converts "index.php?id=1&L=1" to something else. No any other logic behind!

RealURL does not define what language is used by domain or web site. This is completely controlled by you (and only by you!) in your TS setup.

> #Localisation of Languages
> config.uniqueLinkVars = L
> config.sys_language_overlay = content_fallback

Here should be condition on host name to set default language properly

> config.language = en
> config.sys_language_uid = 0

Here should be [else] part of condition with config.sys_language_uid=1/config.language=cy.

> [globalVar = GP:L = 1]

This should be adjusted to take the above into account.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team