[TYPO3] database charset problems

Panagiotis Kondaxis pkontaxis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 16:00:49 CET 2008

Hello all,

I 've some charset problems with my database.

My problem is that when i select data with an application outside from typo3
i get "chinese"-characters.
(for example 'select name from fe_users')

I've added $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['forceCharset'] = 'utf-8' in localconf.php.

I 've tried ISO 8859-7 (Greek) (I 'm from Greece) with no result.

I 've also tried to create manually the typo3 database in a new-clean
installation with utf8_general_ci and utf8_greek_ci collation but my problem
remains.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Regards.