[TYPO3] TYPO3 custom page types

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Mar 14 12:43:09 CET 2008

on Fri, 14 Mar 2008 00:36:44 +0200, Deceased wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just started to use typo3, and I want to know if there's a
> possibility to have custom page types :
>
> What do I mean? I need page type with custom input fields like : 1st
> field : Recipe name
> 2nd field : 1st ingredient
> 3rd field : 2nd ingredient
> 4th field : Description how to prepare
>
> and etc.
>
> Thank You for your help in advance.

it might be possible to create such a page-layout, but I think it would
be easier to have data-records. if you don't find an existing extension
in TER you will have to create your own extension. Maybe you can find an
extension which can be a prototype for yours.

So you are new to TYPO3 it is not easy to code your own extension, but it
is easier than doing it only in PHP without TYPO3.

at least there are extensions to display records from your own table.
they can display:
- a list (with paging)
- a single record

you just have to define your own table, which is easy if you use the
kickstarter.
in this way your own extension just defines data-records,
TYPO3 builds your BE-input-forms,
and one of these extensions does the FE-display (after your configuration)

Bernd