[TYPO3] RealURL: Speaking URL path segment duplicates

Florian Seirer florian.seirer at tirol.gv.at
Fri Mar 14 11:42:45 CET 2008

Hi list!

It happens quite often that one of my editors unintentionally create
pages with path segments that are already taken in the same branch.

page 1
-- page 1.1 (Speaking URL path segment: test)
-- page 1.2 (Speaking URL path segment: test)

Obviously, you'll get the content of the first page if you try to access
the second page in your browser. The Speaking URL path segment has to be
unique. It's actually quite simple.

The thing is, there is no warning when you create a page and the path
segment is already taken on the same tree level an in the same branch.
It would really help if you could check if there is already a page with
the same parentID as the new one that also has the same Speaking URL
path segment.

Maybe there is already a setting for that and I just couldn't find it.
Maybe there isn't. Any ideas?

Regards,
Flo