[TYPO3] Deleteing tt_news articles

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Fri Mar 14 11:13:11 CET 2008

Hi,

> I'm just testing tt_news at the moment, but I have noticed that if
> I delete
> the news article in the backend by clciking on the rubbish bin
> while the
> news is open to edit that they are still in the database. They are
> marked as
> deleted and don't show up on the front end, but when and how do
> they get
> removed from the database? Or must I do this manually?

TYPO3 nearly never deletes anything. Most of the tables have a field
called "deleted" which is set to 1 when an item was deleted from the
TYPO3 backend. This is out of security reasons.

Cheers

François Suter

--
Cobweb Development Sàrl
www.cobweb.ch

Rue Eugène-Marziano 15, CH-1227 Les Acacias (Geneva - Switzerland)
T: +41 22 880 00 93, F: +41 22 880 00 94, E: support at cobweb.ch
web solutions for professionnal requirements