[TYPO3] Documentation nightmare

Cate & Peter catepeter at optusnet.com.au
Fri Mar 14 10:37:22 CET 2008

> > I do not really like wiki. I prefer to use a word processor (OO). It
> > gives the feeling of document.

I also prefer a document for tutorials and installation - it means that even
if I don't have internet access, I am able to have a local copy of the
instructions to use on a local machine.

I think the wiki is great for using as a navigation to most recent
documents, to free up the webspace to help those who want to update info,
etc, but I think that (a) older versions of the extensions and core should
still be able to access relevant manuals, and (b) the most recent version
can be supported and edited in a wiki (especially for bug fixes, etc)

So a wiki might be great to point to bug fixes, tutorials, a stash of pdf/oo
manuals for past and present versions, and for discussion about sticking
points ... and an editable manual of the most recent version.

Cate