[TYPO3] User access error

Florian Schaeffer florian.schaeffer at mercoline.de
Fri Mar 14 10:26:34 CET 2008

Hi Ben & Rasele,

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Hey Rasele,
>
> actually, I have the same problem as well. It's when you select a
> specific amount of "Exclude fields" in the selectbox and then hit the
> save button.
>
> I haven't found a solution yet, it is really annoying though.

All checked exclude fields are stored as comma separated list in a db
field which is not that big (and also checked via JavaScript during
input time). So after pressing a couple of times on all needed exclude
fields, the available space for the field-ids is full and you are not
able to save more of them. Sad thing is, that you are able to check more
but you might then encounter the yellow ! on the left side of the select
field box.

I usually tend to create right groups for every plugin and then include
these groups to the needed user groups. By doing this I usually don't
need more than 10 - 20 exclude fields per group and as a side effect I
always know where to search for a missing user right when applying
fields for a certain plugin or page content element ;-)

HTH
Florian