[TYPO3] Lack of tt_news

Christopher Schnell typo3 at mda.ch
Thu Mar 13 10:16:42 CET 2008

Hello all,

Some more thoughts on how it might be possible to improve documentation
for extensions:

With a colleague of mine, I had the idea to build up a "basic review
team". This team would review every new uploaded extension manually on:
* Weather it has a manual
* If the manual is useful
* If the source code is compliant with the T3 coding guidelines

Based on that review there could be a new flag in TER, something like
"Approved by QA Team". This has nothing to do with the work of the
security team, which is much harder.

Based on this approval, it would be easier to decide for users, which
ext is worth considering. Additionally, there could be a second checkbox
in the EM to only display results that are approved. So we would have
three steps: "unreviewed/unapproved", "passed basic review" and "passed
security review".

What do you think?

Regards,
Christopher.