[TYPO3] Documentation nightmare

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Wed Mar 12 21:05:58 CET 2008

Hi!
>> Is there a documentation TEAM which means people who's ONLY
>> responsibility would be to look and coordinate the documentation?
>
> There was. I do not remember who was it leader but no one from key core
> people answered to his questions and he quit in protest. He was really
> good in doc writing. I think doc team ceased to exist after that. This
> was before I joined core team but I followed the story in
> typo3.teams.docunmentation list.

Maybe that was me...? I wasn't the official leader, but the
last(?) one trying to get things done, before Daniel showed up.

We started structuring the wiki but never got acess to the
"real" documentation or the web pages. So basically the only
thing we could do was producing more documents - not improving
or merging with exisisting ones.

That was/is a problem I think, because if you browse around at
the wiki and web pages you see that there IS much documentation
about most things in Typo3. But it can be hard to find and it
could be hard to know what is right / up-to-date since different
documents could contain NEARLY the same information. Just look
here to see what I mean (the Introduction header):
   http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Getting_started

I quit my documentation effort because I/we were not able to
take ALL documentation into consideration AND we where not
"authorazied" to do any changes except on the wiki. Under those
conditions I belive there can't be any improvements on Typo3
documentation... even if we have a great docTeam/docTeamLeader.  :-(

All my toughts about T3doc is still availiable (and free to use)
at:  http://www.infolagret.se/index.php?id=95
Look in the Documentation menu, the other pages are written in
swedish ;-)

/Peter Kindström