[TYPO3] dates one day out in April onwards

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 13:37:26 CET 2008

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 1:29 PM, Francois Suter <fsuter at cobweb.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>

>  > I have Typo3 4.1.2. A user has just reported a problem with dates
>  > in content
>  > elements (header date, start and stop) being one day out. This only
>  > seems to
>  > affect dates in April or after!! Am I seeing things?
>
>  Did you check the date of the server? If it's wrong it's the origin
>  of the problem. If it's correct, the problem is elsewhere.

Doubtful. I suppose this is TYPO3's rather broken
time-zone/date-handling. Surely it's no coincidence that April 1 is
the first day of Daylight Savings Time (outside of North America).

The problem has to do with the interaction between client-generated
dates and how these are transformed and stored to the database. There
was a thread recently on the dev list about this problem in 4.2, so it
may be fixed there. To the best of my knowledge, it has not been fixed
in 4.1.6 (though I would welcome being told that I'm wrong...)

It is _possible_ that you can fix this by fiddling with the time zone
setting in the install tool and/or with set_locale on the server end.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/