[TYPO3] Typo3 Super Noob - Site Transfering

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Wed Mar 12 13:27:20 CET 2008

Hi,

> I am trying to import a very large (650mb) SQL database due to a host
> transfer.  Does anyone suggest anything other than using myphpadmin?

Well, if you have access to the command line, I would do it from there:

mysql database_name -u user_name -p < your_dump_file

If the database is UTF-8, add --default-character-set=utf8

Otherwise, you will first need to raise the limit of file size that
PHP accepts. Then recent version of phpMyAdmin are able to manage
import a large dump in chunks to avoid timeout, so you should be
fine, except that it's much slower than the command line.

HTH

François Suter

--
Cobweb Development Sàrl
www.cobweb.ch

Rue Eugène-Marziano 15, CH-1227 Les Acacias (Geneva - Switzerland)
T: +41 22 880 00 93, F: +41 22 880 00 94, E: support at cobweb.ch
web solutions for professionnal requirements