[TYPO3] Documentation nightmare

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue Mar 11 08:41:44 CET 2008

Hi,

> There, for the "NO" property, it says it is a Boolean value and has an
> example.
> Is the TSref wrong, incomplete, or out of date, or is the tutorial out
> of date, etc?

Actually, the "NO" property is an object of type TMENUITEM, but it's
true that it may be somewhat unclear just by looking at the TSRef.

> I appreciate all the wonderful work that has gone into typo3 but I just
> do not understand the primary tutorials and documentation being 4 to
> 5 years old with all the substantial changes that have been made.

Because no one wants to do it voluntarily. Writing good docs takes a
huge amount of time. I agree that it's a shame and every now and then I
feel like volunteering for updating it, but the sheer amount of work is
totally daunting!

I guess this is one area where the Association should really be supportive.

> Every document I find is ancient, yet there are all these cool new
> features mention in the modern releases.  How is a newbe to learn them?

Well, by asking in the list I suppose.

HTH

--

Francois Suter