[TYPO3] Installing ImageMagick on a Unix Webserver Provider Strato

Dietmar von Schuetz typo3 at dvschuetz.de
Mon Mar 10 17:48:07 CET 2008

The solution:
ImageMagick or GraphicsMagick is not supported by Strato.de

Email by Strato Customer Care 10.3.2008 (translated-DvS):
"There is only limited use of Typo3 within the webhosting-offers.
ImageMagick is in Webhosting not available. Please, use for this our
dedicated servers. detailes info on www.strato.de/server"

On the phone by Strato Premium-Service, 10.3.08 (translated-DvS):
"Making ImageMagick available within the Webhosting is not planned at the
moment. For graphics you can use GDLib, which is available. You should be
able to use it with Typo3. Unfortunately, I don't know how to configure
Typo3 to use GDLib. You could also order a Virtual Server instead the
Webhosting, which costs nearly the same. You can configure it individually
if you have some knowledge of Linux/Unix. There you can also disable all
non-neccessary PHP-libraries and make further tuning."

So, this topic is "solved" :-|