[TYPO3] Typo3 Super Noob - Site Transfering

Christopher qozmiq at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 16:16:42 CET 2008

I have been given the responsibility of a new site for my company. Its
Typo3, and is on a server that we have to move away from. I was sent a zip
file of the files on the old server. I was able to get the new version of
Typo3 installed on my new server. Now I am lost. The files structure is
totally different. I have used Joomla extensively, and have been managing
pages for years, but never used Typo3. I am studying it furiously, but I
need to get the site up and visible asap. I can find no good forum posts
dealing with transferring... I am at wits end, the only contact I had from
the old typo3 manager was that all I had to do was unzip, change the sql
password, and all would be well....I can post the two versions of the folder
trees for comparison...Any assistance anyone can provide would be GREATLY
appreciated...  I don't think it should be super difficult to transfer, even
with how deep Typo3 is...But nothing seems to match up...

Qozmiq