[TYPO3] DirectMail configuration

namesys at live.com namesys at live.com
Mon Mar 10 10:54:41 CET 2008

It's time of Newsletter on my website! ... but I didn't know was so difficult!

The target is a Newsletter with the subscribe/ unsubscribe box, so I decide for Direct mail plugin & company.

I take the follow ext: tt_address (v. 1.0.4) / direct_mail (v. 2.5.3) / direct_mail_subscription (v. 1.1.0). In the ext Direct Mail configuration I change only the "SMTP host" with my out.myprovider.com

In the Root site I create a sysfolder "Newsletter Storage Folder" and assign the plugin Direct Mail. I put inside the folder the new record "Group Direct Mail" where i choose the type "From page", the title "MyGroup" and how entry point "Subscription Newsletter" in the table option "Address"

Always in the root page I put a new page "Subscription Newsletter" and assign the General Record Storage "Newsletter Storage Folder"; in this page I put the content plugin "Direct Mail Subscription Administrator" and assign plugin "Direct mail subscription".

In the end my structure is:

ROOT

Page: Home
   |- Page: SUBSCRIPTION NEWSLETTER
     			    |- Plugin: DIRECT MAIL SUBSCRIPTION ADMINISTRATOR
Page: PAGE A

Page: PAGE B

page: PAGE C

Folder: NEWSLETTER STORAGE FOLDER
				|- Record: MYGROUP

The user subscribe in regolar way the address mail go in the "Subscription Newsletter" but when I try to send mail the user don't receive any mail... where I wrong?

Thanks
Enrico