[TYPO3] Installing ImageMagick on a Unix Webserver Provider Strato

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 19:12:37 CET 2008

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 6:53 PM, Dietmar von Schuetz <typo3 at dvschuetz.de> wrote:

<snip>

>  In different postings here, at http://www.typo3.net/forum/ and
>  http://www.typo3forum.net/ I found quite different opinions:
>  Some say, Strato doesn#t support Typo3 anyway, or only on root-Servers,
>  others succeed, ... others got Typo3 to run but only without IM ...
>
>  I asked Strato, the answer will come, I'll tell you then...
>  So far I am still thankful for help

Seriously, the best and easiest step you can take is to have your
provider a) provide you with the path to IM (there's a *very* good
chance it's already present on the server...at the moment, I can't
actually recall *ever* having encountered hosting that didn't have
IM), or b) install it for you. It's trivial for a host to do this, and
in my experience (when asking to have newer versions installed)
they've always been willing to do it.

If they don't have it, and they won't install it for you, get *their*
help to get the static binaries (this is the method you're using now)
running in your webspace. If they won't do that, I'd dump them and
find a good host--because a host who wouldn't be willing to help you
with at least one of those three things is a lousy host and there are
plenty of good ones out there who would.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/