[TYPO3] Installing ImageMagick on a Unix Webserver Provider Strato

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Sun Mar 9 13:01:07 CET 2008

on Sat, 08 Mar 2008 23:41:28 +0100, Dietmar von Schuetz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem getting ImageMagick to run on the Webspace-Providers
> Server.
>
> What I did:
> I unzipped the archive ImageMagick-sparc-sun-solaris2.10.tar.gz to the
> server in the directory
> ftp://cms.dgfm-ev.de/im/ImageMagick-6.3.8/ (which is same as
> dgfm-ev.de/cms/im/ImageMagick-6.3.8/)
>
> The listing of the /bin/ - subdirectory is:
>     dgfm-ev.de/im/ImageMagick-6.3.8/> ls
>     Magick++-config    MagickWand-config  compare    convert   import
> stream
>     Magick-config      Wand-config        composite  display   mogrify
>     MagickCore-config  animate            conjure    identify  montage
> (See screenshot http://cms.dgfm-ev.de/fehler/ftp_screenshot.gif )

the usual unix problem for windows-people?
missing x-bits?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permissions

make listing with Parameter -l:
ls -l

then you should read something like this:
-rwxr-xr-x 123 www-user www-group convert

then you have to compare the user-rights to access these files compared
to the user your server (apache and php) is running.
http://www.hackinglinuxexposed.com/articles/20030417.html

bernd