[TYPO3] Installing ImageMagick on a Unix Webserver Provider Strato

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun Mar 9 00:32:42 CET 2008

Hello,

> I have a problem getting ImageMagick to run on the Webspace-Providers
> Server.
>
 > [...]
>
> The listing of the /bin/ - subdirectory is:
>    dgfm-ev.de/im/ImageMagick-6.3.8/> ls
>    Magick++-config    MagickWand-config  compare    convert   import
>
> But when I type "convert" I get an error:
>    dgfm-ev.de/im/ImageMagick-6.3.8/> convert
>    convert: Command not found.

You should try to type ./convert instead. The "." directory = current
directory is often not in the environment variable PATH

> The Install Tool says:
>    Check Image Magick:
>    No ImageMagick installation available
>    It seems that there is no adequate ImageMagick installation available
> at the checked locations
>    (, /usr/X11R6/bin/, /usr/bin/, /usr/local/bin/,
> im/ImageMagick-6.3.8/bin/)
>    An 'adequate' installation for requires 'convert',
> 'combine'/'composite' and 'identify' to be available

you typed "im/ImageMagick-..." but this is not a full path. You should
try to type the full path to im/ImageMagick... Something like

/var/www/dgfm-ev.de/im/ImageMagick-6.3.8/bin/

the "/var/www/" might be
/home/strato/http/premium/web6/32/06/51046706/htdocs/ too. You have to
find the full path of your directory. Perhaps I may deduce it from your
mail but, it's late and I'm slowly becoming asleep... :-)

Cheers
Xavier