[TYPO3] Installing ImageMagick on a Unix Webserver Provider Strato

Dietmar von Schuetz typo3 at dvschuetz.de
Sat Mar 8 23:41:28 CET 2008

Hello,

I have a problem getting ImageMagick to run on the Webspace-Providers
Server.

What I did:
I unzipped the archive ImageMagick-sparc-sun-solaris2.10.tar.gz to the
server in the directory
ftp://cms.dgfm-ev.de/im/ImageMagick-6.3.8/
(which is same as dgfm-ev.de/cms/im/ImageMagick-6.3.8/)

The listing of the /bin/ - subdirectory is:
    dgfm-ev.de/im/ImageMagick-6.3.8/> ls
    Magick++-config    MagickWand-config  compare    convert   import
stream
    Magick-config      Wand-config        composite  display   mogrify
    MagickCore-config  animate            conjure    identify  montage
(See screenshot http://cms.dgfm-ev.de/fehler/ftp_screenshot.gif )

But when I type "convert" I get an error:
    dgfm-ev.de/im/ImageMagick-6.3.8/> convert
    convert: Command not found.

The Install Tool says:
    Check Image Magick:
    No ImageMagick installation available
    It seems that there is no adequate ImageMagick installation available
at the checked locations
    (, /usr/X11R6/bin/, /usr/bin/, /usr/local/bin/,
im/ImageMagick-6.3.8/bin/)
    An 'adequate' installation for requires 'convert',
'combine'/'composite' and 'identify' to be available

The provider is Strato.de.
For debug-information see attached file or
http://cms.dgfm-ev.de/fehler/debug_strato.txt

I thought I either I chose the wrong package or entered the wrong path -
but many tries didn't help and I couldn't resolve the problem with the
info in the manuals at typo3 and ImageMagick or the
news/mailinglist-archive.

I'd be pleased if anyone could help.
Thanx in advance - Dietmar