[TYPO3] [advice?] Finding the right extension

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sat Mar 8 20:01:05 CET 2008

Hi again,

 > > - I would like to be able to order functions in a group to get the
 > > president at the top of the list, with a section <h#>President</h#>
 > > for instance.
 >
 > This should be possible by using groups, too. You may then have a
 > group "President" with only one member...

I did it and:

 > > - groups are hierarchical:
 > >    -- A
 > >       ¦-- B
 > >       `-- C
 > >   if I choose to display the group "A", in fact, I would like to get
 > > *all* persons, both from A, B and C (this seems not to be allowed by
 > > addressgroups)
 >
 > should work with tt_address

If I choose to display group A and set the "recursive" option to
infinite, I do not get anything (my members are in B and C).

 > > - I would like to be able to order functions in a group to get the
 > > president at the top of the list, with a section <h#>President</h#>
 > > for instance.

If the "recursive" option worked at all, this would still not allow
persons to be grouped by their subgroup (and how may I choose manually
the order of display), then ordered by, e.g., lastname + firstname. The
current display plugin is much too limited for such requirements. Should
I implement a new plugin for display purpose?

>>> - a person has a few attributes such as name, address and photograph
>>> (tt_address seems just fine)

BTW, it would be nice to be able to extend a tt_address record with new
fields without having to modify the extension, such as mobile phone,
fax, ... (idea #1)

idea #2: How can I manage the groups in a hierarchical way? In List
mode, I only see a long list of groups but if I go the way creating a
group "President" for a function inside a real group, I'll have multiple
"President" groups, (I tried and it works) how may I "see" that group
"President" is a function (= subgroup) of group X and not of group Y ? I
only see it if I edit the record, this is not easy.

idea #3: Assigning groups to a person is useful, but assigning persons
to a group is too. Or at least, right click on the person and "Send to
group X/Y"