[TYPO3] Test Mail Typo3‏

namesys at live.com namesys at live.com
Fri Mar 7 12:55:28 CET 2008

Hello,

I have some problems for test mail of Install Tool. I have a testig area by xampp in SO Windows XP

***
Sendmail path not defined!
sendmail_path=
This may be critical to TYPO3's use of the mail() function. Please be sure that the mail() function in your php-installation works!

You can check the mail() function by entering your email address here and press the button. You should then receive a testmail from test at test.test.
Since almost all mails in TYPO3 are sent using the t3lib_htmlmail class, sending with this class can be tested by checking the box Test t3lib_htmlmail below. The return-path of the mail is set to null at localhost. Some mail servers won't send the mail if the host of the return-path is not resolved correctly.

Test t3lib_htmlmail.
***

in my php.ini (folder apache/bin) I have setting:

***
[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
;SMTP = localhost
SMTP = out.alice.it
smtp_port = 25

; For Win32 only.
sendmail_from = namesys at live.com

; For Unix only.  You may supply arguments as well (default: "sendmail -t -i").
;sendmail_path = "C:\Programmi\xampp\sendmail\sendmail.exe -t"

; Force the addition of the specified parameters to be passed as extra

parameters
; to the sendmail binary. These parameters will always replace the value of
; the 5th parameter to mail(), even in safe mode.
;mail.force_extra_parameters =
***

The results are:
- if I test not checking "Test t3lib_htmlmail" I receive the text mail from test at test.test
- if I test checking "Test t3lib_htmlmail" I don't receive anything

In any case in the top of Install Tool there is wrote "Mail was sent to namesys at live.com"

I can solve this problem?

Thanks to all
Enrico