[TYPO3] TYPO3 Winstaller and backup

Patrick Gaumond patrick at typo3quebec.org
Mon Jun 30 20:38:01 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:

> I tried using winstaller once but gave up immediately. It gives much
> more problems than solutions. I unded up installing Apache, PHP, MySQL
> and TYPO3 separately (just like I would do it on Linux). It took me
> almost one day but I had complete control over my all environment.

As people say "your mileage could vary". I've been very pleased with
Winstaller for more than a year now.

http://typo3winstaller.sourceforge.net/

Got 9 full TYPO3 available for testing under WinXP a few clicks away.

Never had to play with Ghostscript or whatever on my portable.

Anyway, no one force you to use it. :)

Gunnar, if you want the mysqldump.exe (1.6 MB) I can email it to you.

Patrick