[TYPO3] TS for specific [news, or other] content elements

Kathryn Blair artscoop at mail.arts.ubc.ca
Fri Jun 27 19:38:57 CEST 2008

Hi Tyler,

Thanks. Sorry that I didn't explain the entire story of what I'm doing -- I
only explained the specific thing I wanted (a condition to target content
elements by uid in tt_content). Here's the rest of the story.

I'm working on a site that's going to have a lot of news elements embedded
in the layout. Yes, I'm calling out specific tt_content records. In this
case they're tt_news content elements. I'm placing them in the layout via
typoscript. I've got that done and working beautifully. Often, multiple news
elements will be displayed on one page. These news elements will all look
different, so I want to set typoscript for one specific element, and not
have it affect any of the others. I can't use GPVars because these news
elements are being displayed independently of them.

I want to do is write some typoscript that will only apply to one specific
content element (so this content element with uid 1316 will have the
typoscript I've written for it applied, and any other content element that
happens to be a tt_news element will not have the changes applied. I don't
necessarily need to do this with conditions, it just seems like it might be
the most flexible thing to do, which would be easy to use to target almost
anything.