[TYPO3] Using the DAM Mediabrowser with htmlArea RTE

Andre Dittmar typo3 at hotbytes.de
Thu Jun 26 15:22:53 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm using Typo3 Version 4.1.7 and htmlArea Version 1.5.6. First I
activated the option "Enable the DAM Media Browser" in the
configuration screen and clicked Update. When I reload the config
screen, the option isn't set anymore? Any other option like "Enable
images in RTE" stays as set after reloading the config screen.

Anyway, it still seems to work because in the RTE I'm able to insert
images from the DAM. I also have now the posiblity to set a filelink
by the dam mediabrowser instead by the normal file manager, which is
very useful for me. Happily I tried this in a testsetting, because I'm
not able to go back to the previous setting?

There occure some strange things, when I use of DAM Mediabrowser in
the RTE:

- If I link a text in the RTE wirh a file from DAM, in the Backend the
RTE shows something like <media 269 - download>Test2</media> instead
of linked textpart. In the Textmode, the brackets of the <media></
media> are masked as &gt; and &lt;.

- If I link a simple textpart, I've a correct output in the frontend.
The link changes dynamically if I change the filename for example.

- If I link a text in a tablecell, I've the same output as in the
backend, something like <media 4287 - download>Test3</media> or
<media>Test1</media>

I haven't found anything at google or bugs.typo3.org which would help.
Does anybody has an idea what else to do?

Best regards,
Andre