[TYPO3] CoolURI and <pagenotfound>

lesm nospam at please.com
Thu Jun 26 03:12:11 CEST 2008

Jan,

I had a similar problem some time ago.  I didn't think it was a bug as
you suspect.  Instead I thought the problem was the redirect to
index.php?id=xx
Anyway, my solution:

<pagenotfound>
<status>HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found</status>
<behavior type="page">http://www.example.com/404.shtml</behavior>
</pagenotfound>

Besides at the .htaccess  I included (just in case): ErrorDocument 404
/404.shtml

Then I created the 404.shtml page at the root using a rendered
index.html as a template and modifying the content to fit a 404 page.
Maybe it's not elegant but works just fine.

If you confirm it's a bug and you fix it I will change my 404 solution.
LESM