[TYPO3] Indexed Search Engine not working

Florian Schaeffer florian.schaeffer at mercoline.de
Wed Jun 25 08:31:28 CEST 2008

Hello Luca,

> I have TYPO3 4.1.7 running in a local windows test environment.
> I have installed Indexed Search Engine and Searchbox for Indexed Search
> Engine (macina_searchbox).
>
> Indexing doesn't seem to work and search do produce any output.

Did you actually enable indexed_search in your TYPO3-Setup ?

Its in your template - setup -
[name_of_your_page_object].config.index_enable = 1

After that clear cache and visit your pages *not logged in* otherwise
the pages won't be inserted in the index... I usually open another
browser (so using FF for the backend and IE for the frontend or open up
a new IE instance - using another TAB or another FF Window won't work,
they share their session information).

HTH
Florian